Infrequent, irregular bowel movement or constipation can cause pain and discomfort and it isn’t fun for anyone; no wonder there are so many people looking for remedies for constipation available for them. Constipation is often attributed to at least one of the following factors: poor diet, lack of exercise, lack of fiber, lack of fluids, or even possibly serious medical condition. The good news is there are remedies for constipation that can relieve the pain and discomfort caused by this condition.
Dehydration is one of the main causes of constipation; thus, drinking at least eight 8-ounce glasses of water daily can help improve the condition. It is also a good idea to avoid drinking caffeinated beverages since caffeine promotes dehydration and can serve as diuretics. If you drink them often, try doing so in moderation to prevent constipation.
Having a healthy diet is one of the best ways to prevent constipation. A fiber-rich diet is one of the best remedies for constipation. It is a good idea to have a diet rich in fruits, vegetables, beans, and nuts to have regular bowel movement. Apple and guava are good remedies for constipation but guava seeds must not be removed to ensure full effect. Starchy foods are a big no for constipated people since this can escalate the problem.
The following remedies for constipation also help:
1. Laxatives – laxatives are some of the most known remedies for constipation. These are available as over-the-counter products with price and formulas that suit the personal preference of anyone. If you are not sure of which product to buy, you can always consult with your physician about it.
2. Honey and lemon mixture – Mix one two tablespoons of lemon juice and one teaspoon of honey in a glass of warm water. This mixture is considered as one of the best remedies for constipation. Drinking this mixture once a day and once a night can help eliminate the symptoms of constipation.
3. Olive oil and Orange juice Mixture – Make a one glass mixture of 50% orange juice and 50% olive oil to bring back regular bowel movement.
4. Licorice – because of its laxative qualities, one real licorice a day does not only prevent constipation, it also works for those already suffering from constipation by bringing back the regularity of their bowel movement.
5. Grapes – one large bunch of this fruit can relieve you from your constipation.
6. Honey and Castor Oil – honey is always present in the list of remedies for constipation. Aside from eating it by itself or with lemon, you can also add a teaspoon of castor oil to get rid of your constipation problems.
7. Sauerkraut juice, Tomato juice, and Carrot juice – the mixture of these three juices is one of the most effective remedies for constipation.
It’s not hard to find remedies for constipation. However, while these things are readily available not only from the local drugstore or pharmacy but also in your home, nothing could still be better than the most natural way of relieving the pain and discomfort caused by constipation and that is to have a proper diet, drinking enough water, and regular workout.