Dieting can be a challenge. Here are 25 tips to held you successfully navigate through the HCG Diet:
1. Drink 8 oz of water at the top of every hour. HCG suggests drinking approx. 2 liters a day.
2. Plan your meals in advance for each day and consider planning the meals for the week.
3. Eliminate or hide all the foods that you are not allowed to have in your house.
4. Become your own Weight Watchers by prepackaging all your meats in the appropriate portion. 100 grams / 3.5 ounces.
5. If you LOVE food, it is essential find or buy a HCG recipe book with yummy recipes.
6. Cooking for more than one? Find recipes that fall in line with your diet, but that your family members can also enjoy.
7. Need a larger breakfast then just tea or coffee? Eat a serving at breakfast instead of at lunch.
8. Need desert? Use one of your servings of fruit to fulfill your craving.
9. Desert idea: Cut an apple into numerous pieces. Mix together a crumbled bread stick, Stevia, and cinnamon. Sprinkle on top of an apple. Bake and enjoy.
10. Detox your body from caffeine and sodas before starting the diet.
11. Make a big pitcher of flavored tea. Sweeten it with Stevia. Enjoy as much as you want.
12. Find a couple of vegetables you really like it will make meal planning easier.
13. Make your own carbonated drinks with flavored Stevia and club soda.
14. Constipation is a normal side effect. Have laxatives available.
15. If following a strict protocol, make sure you get oil free beauty products.
16. Dry skin is common. Use oil free products.
17. There is more than one indicator of success. Track weight, inches, and if possible, fat content.
18. Try to schedule your drops or injections at the same time each day. This will keep the hormones at regular levels.
19. If you are a big starch eater, taper off consumption a couple of days before you start the HCG diet.
20. Experiment with spices.
21. Salt is allowed but consumption should be kept to a minimum to prevent water retention.
22. The first two days are the load up period. Do a good job because it will boost your metabolism and help minimize the starved feeling.
23. Find someone who will do the HCG diet with you. There are discounts for buying more HCG and you can share the costs of supplies. Most importantly you will have someone to motivate you and help you stay on track!
24. Sauces are a great way to season food. Get a diet book and find a couple of sauces you like. Make big batches, so you can season your vegetables and meats.
25. George Foreman Grill. This is a great way to quickly cook your food without using oil!